Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm going on a CRUISE!

I'm so excited! I can't believe the time is finally here! A couple girlfriends and I got together and decided to go on a CRUISE! Just us GIRLS!!! I wish a few more friends were able to come, (I asked 6 other girls to come) but I understand that now is not the best time for allot of people. Plus my ward is doing a girls weekend away down in Florida. I'd LOVE to do that too. I wish they were on different weekends so I could do both. Next time GIRLS! Anyway, We got tickets so CHEAP!!! $219 + taxes and fees $250. We leave at 5:30AM tomorrow morning to drive down to MOBILE, ALABAMA and we get on the ship there. We are, no, WERE cruising to Cozumel, MEXICO. Now that the whole Swine Flue has the most naive people in a Panic (thank you exaggerated media) we will be cruising to a different destination. Either Key West or The Bahamas! I'm really hoping for the Bahamas! I wanted to go there in the first place but the tickets to go there were about $75 more and they were for next week (bad time for Tim). Please don't be offended by my comment above. There isn't anything wrong with being concerned and cautious. I AM concerned and cautious and therefore glad we are going to a different port. But, I just think those who say I am "risking my life" by going on a cruise there is a little naive And over panicked by the media. Yes, somebody actually said that! I had to vent, Enough said! I'm so excited to go. I really wish I was going with my sweet husband but it just wasn't going to work out. He says if we were in AZ he would go because we would have a baby sitter. And it is cheaper to leave out of a port in California ($160). I can understand that. Next year babe! Just you and I. :o) We have had allot of fun getting ready to go. We went and got pedicures, manicures, and spray tans. Now I won't blind everybody by my ultra white legs that never see the sun! YAY!

Kenna came with us girls to get some pampering....

Kenna moved to my seat since her chair was't working. She was LOVING the chair massage. Next to her are Monika and Jennifer Smith. My fellow crusie buddies... (We have 1 more coming with us but she wasn't able to make it to get pampered)

They moved me from my comfy pedicure seat to do my finger nails. This sweet girl sat on the floor to finish my toes. She did an AWESOME job wit the flowers...

Our Nails...

Mine and Kenna's nails....

Our toes...






3 comments:

Greco Family said...

I am soooooooooo jealous! I hope you have a blast.

pawlowski said...

Wow! How fun!! I hope it's great! You'll have to let me know, I've always been scared to go on a cruise. I get car sick, air sick, sea sick.....any way, the thought of being stuck in the middle of the ocean feeling awful worries me. :) Enjoy your girl time!!

King Family said...

I'm so excited for you! Have a great time!