Wednesday, April 1, 2009

APRIL FOOLS!

In 2004 my sister-in-law did this cool April Fools dinner for our family. Every year I forget to do it for the kids! But this year I remembered! (Shocking considering my memory has gone out the window on everything else.) So here is the APRIL FOOLS MENU
First start with dessert! What child doesn't want to start with dessert first?
We had "CUPCAKES" AKA: Meatloaf w/ Mashed Potatoes on top (add a little food coloring for fun. Making it look like frosting)
And a Scoop of "ICE CREAM w/ CARMEL on top" AKA: A scoop of Mashed Potatoes w/ gravy on top.
Then for the dessert. OH, I mean...The main course!
"GRILLED CHEESE SANDWITCHES" AKA: Pound Cake or Butter Bread toasted, w/Orange Frosting in the middle for the "cheese". :o) The kids loved it! It was lots of fun!

3 comments:

RyDeb.White said...

That's such a fun idea!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

What a fun idea!

Christina Beach said...

I love your April fools meal! I want to try it next year with the kids... how fun!