Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What did I do to deserve this?


Once a year sometimes longer, I run out of Flour. Coincidentally, Tim always goes to the store when I need flour. So he was at the store getting some stuff and I text him asking for "Flour" he comes home with some flowers. Of course he gets my flour too. He says he was going to the store to get me some flowers anyway because last week was a rough week. Tyler is struggling with his teachers way of teaching and is having a hard time understanding his homework. So we spent several hours on homework each night and redoing work done in school. He knows most of this stuff. He had no problem last year understanding. He was on Honor Roll. And all of a sudden he doesn't understand how to do it. I don't get it. It is like he is regressing. Anyway, it was a rough week. Especially since I HATED homework growing up. And I still hate it! (But I don't let them know that.) Anyway, he seems to be doing much better this week. Kenna on the other hand loves learning and loves homework. She is so excited to learn to read. She all ready knows 50 sight words. She is a favorite in her class and seems to be ahead. (But she is the oldest, so it makes since.) She is adored by her teachers. She has two teachers. Every class has 18 students max and two teachers.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Yay...how sweet! I love unexpected flowers. Hope the homework goes better! By the way, the drunk driving story is hilarious!

Sheri said...

Aww...I may have to have my husband "accidentally" see this post to remind him how long it's been since he's brought me flowers.

Oh, and I must say - I HATE doing homework with my kids, just as much as I hated doing my own back in the day. I have to use some major self discipline to not groan out loud whenever McKenna comes home with a new homework packet.

pawlowski said...

How sweet!! What a nice husband. I'm sure that made your week. Don't get to discouraged with the homework thing. He'll come around. It's tough with the move and new friends and a new way of teaching. (I should take my own advice. I'm dealing with the same thing) Jacob is like Kenna though. (What did I do different with him? :) )I keep hearing from his teacher what a joy he is in class. I guess it feels good to think you can do something right. :)

Greco Family said...

Oh those flowers are beautiful! How sweet. Tyler will be fine. I know it must be tough, but he'll get it.

Christina Beach said...

What a cute idea that he gets you "flour-s" when you ask for flour!! Very sweet. I am sure Ty will do just fine, we've certainly had our fair share of struggles. It just takes time and then it will work out I'm sure!! Though I know hard it is at the busy evening times!! We were away for camping for 2 weeks and had a ton of homework that we are still working on!!

Brian and Shawntel Ashcroft Family said...

The flowers are beautiful. That is awesome that Tim did that for you.

I didn't realize that Tyler was struggling with his teachers. Is it the teacher do you think? He is such a smart kid. Not like Kaitlyn who has been struggling from the begging.