Friday, September 26, 2008

The cute things...

As I am making cards for this month's swap, Katrina and I are singing the wheels on the bus, she suddenly stops singing and says:

Katrina: "Mommy, are you a boy or a girl?"
Me: "Im a Girl, Daddy's a boy, Tylers a boy, Kenna's a girl and you are a girl"
Katrina: "Ohh.." (And then giggles)


Kenna comes home from school and is talking to us:

Kenna: "I think Zachary is really cute"
Tim and I: "Yea, do you miss Zachary in Arizona?" (Kenna liked Cresta and Bishops son, Zack Topal in our ward)
Kenna: "No not that Zachary. There is a boy in my class named Zachary. He's really cute! And I can't take Peanut Butter Sandwiches to school anymore or I can't sit by him at lunch because he is very allergic to Nuts and Peanut butter."
Tim: "Shay... get a year supply of Peanut Butter! It is Peanut Butter sandwiches for Kenna every day from now on." :o)
-----------------------------------------------------------

A FUN DAY!
I have to post some pictures from Thursday...

Some of the girls from our ward went to an apple orchard and picked apples. I didn't make it so I went to the store and bought apples. Then we got together and made apple sauce and bottled it. It was the best applesauce I have ever eaten. I don't like apple sauce but this was soo good! Especially when it was warm. YUM!


Then we had our AZ girls night out. There are a few more girls from AZ that didn't make it..

(Sarah, Monika, Deb, Angelett, Me)

4 comments:

King Family said...

That story is too cute! Shayleen, your story about the gas shortage and being prepared was inspiring. I too lack on having a year supply and 72 hour kits, but I've been working to try to get it together (slowly)... Thank you so much for sharing. Sorry to hear the campout was cancelled.

Sheri said...

Too funny! McKenna also comes home from school everyday with crushes. I like Tim's way of keeping her young and innocent.

Cresta said...

She must have something for the name :) Just don't let her around any Zakary's anymore!!

Katie said...

so funny! I love it!