Sunday, July 12, 2009

I have to VENT!!!!

We had our walk through on our house that we moved out of at the beginning of the month today. The walk through was ridiculous! First of all, 8 AWESOME ladies from our ward came to help me clean Monday and Tuesday. I painted and had carpets cleaned. I thought the house looked AWESOME when we were done cleaning and painting I was not worried at all about the up-coming walk through. I thought they would be happy about how GREAT it looked. (Wouldn't you be if the your house looked like this-pictures below) But, we were under a microscope the whole time. I left crying. The walk through took over an hour. They pointed out every tiny little surface scratch or water mark on the counters and floors. Some I KNOW for a fact were all ready there. Any little scuff on the walls (even though I painted after someone scrubbed them) If the sinks had water marks they pointed it out. She said the kitchen sink had not been cleaned but I know it had. It's stainless steel. IT is going to have scratches! A couple drawers got missed wiping out up stairs in the bathroom. They were not bad at all (just a little dust) but she complained about it. I was so mad by then, I went and got wipes out of my car and did it myself right there in front of her so they couldn't whine about it. They want to charge us to have the whole house cleaned again. They said it wasn't done good enough. They want to charge to have the house painted. They want to charge to have all the counters in kitchen and bathroom's buffed (they are corian counters so any scratches can be buffed). They wanted to replace the carpets before we moved in because of some stains and bleach marks that were already there (you will see them in pictures) and we asked them not to because with kids they would probably get more stains so they didn't replace them and now they are being so picky about 3 little stains we got on the carpet (and you CAN'T see them in pictures) and want to charge us to have the carpets replaced. I paid $350 to have the carpets cleaned and they did a great job but it wasn't good enough for the owners. We cleaned ALL the windows. I thought that was a stupid request but did it to make them happy (you will see how many there are in pics) The list goes on and on of things they were writing down and taking pictures of and saying we were going to have to pay to have fixed. I couldn't believe it! I was in shock. I have a feeling they are being so picky because they don't want to give us our deposit back. They are expecting it to look better than it did when we moved in. I wanted to bring up the fact that they wanted to replace the carpets before us and we said not to and the fact that the a/c was broken in the basement and they didn't tell us and our first month's bill was $800 and we didn't ask them to pay for it. We paid every month a week before rent was due. We paid them rent for July even though we moved out on the 2nd. They got extra money from us. I have been playing their "realtor" all week being inconvenienced by showing the house to people when I should be at home getting my house organized before this baby arrives. (They live in Louisiana so I was trying to be nice and help out) I was using allot of gas to drive over there every day (15 min drive) to show the house. I'm sorry, but we have gone above and beyond for them. It was just so frustrating!!! I still think we did a great job getting the house clean. I have a feeling, no matter how good it looked they would have found something to complain about. I told Tim we should have just moved out and not worried about doing all of the cleaning and painting and let them take care of it since they were going to complain anyway about how it looked. Oh... I am just so mad! We didn't even get our deposit back today. I don't know when we are going to get it or how much we will get back. It doesn't sound like much. I've NEVER been through such an ordeal after moving out of a rental. We have lived in allot of rentals. AHHHH!!!! OK, I'm done! Mainly because it is midnight and I need to go to bed. If you are still reading this, THANKS for listening.
Main Floor...



Red paper on the floor from the cleaners saying "Wet Floor"



Another "Wet floor" sign on the floors...







Up stairs...






The red is papers on the floors are from the cleaners saying "wet floor"








Basement....



Need I go on??? Every room in the basement looks just as awesome as the rest of the house.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh... I am just sick on your behalf! I can't believe the people you rented from are so awful! I agree with you completely, I think they just don't want to give back the deposit... they probably spent it. I am so sorry you've had to deal with all their crap, especially when you're due to have a baby any day now!! By the way, good luck!! I wish the best for you and your sweet little girl!

Sarah Bowen said...

Im sorry Shay, the house looks so clean! I hope you feel better after that vent session, i always do after i post a blog vent!
btw, I need to get your new address so that I can bring your gift by to you. Let me know also when a good time would be to drop it by.
Take Care

Emily K Jacob A said...

This house is gorgeous. I will buy it. When can I move in?

Congrats on the move and the very-near arrival of your little one! We'll be excited to hear about that!

Jennie said...

Hey Shayleen! sorry we haven't kept up that well. I'm excited that your going to have that sweet little baby soon! Let us know when it happen's. I wish we lived closer so we could be there to help with anything!

Annelise H. Jensen said...

I know this post is a little old, but I am so mad on your behalf! If they don't give your entire deposit back, I would threaten to take them to small claims court. They will probably keep doing this to everyone and it's really unfair. Some people are so mean.