Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daddy, I want a Violin...

Kenna watches Tim and I play our violins together often (but, not often enough) and she has been casually asking for a Violin for her birthday since we played in church in January. I'm glad she has picked the Violin as the instrument she wants to play because I can teach her and not have to pay for private lessons. But, I didn't think she was totally serious and put it off. Then we were watching America's Got Talent and there were these Triplets playing their Violins. They were really good. The winner of the show gets a Million Dollars. That was when Kenna started asking DAILY! (And she was asking Daddy daily. -Smart girl) She wants to play so she can go on that show and win a Million dollars. Ha,Ha! That will probably never happen but hey, whatever encourages her. So, while I was laboring in the hospital with Katie, Tim and I were shopping on e-bay. We bought her a beautiful 1/4 size violin. We didn't tell her we got it so it was a total surprise when it arrived via UPS on Monday and not in October for her birthday. She was so excited. She plays every day. It is really cute.







1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love it, that is so sweet. I totally remember my first violin. I just wish I played more, mine just sits in the living room, waiting to be dusted and a new string.