Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let it snow

It snowed last week. The kids LOVED playing in it. They were outside until dinner time the first day and the next day was a snow day and they didn't have to go to shool so they played outside ALL day. It's not that we had so much snow that they couldn't go to school but they were expecting ice on the roads and so they cancelled school. I had my first expirience driving on ice. It was a little scary for me. I was trying to slow down without pushing on my breaks but I had to a little because i was coming up to a stop light and there was a car infront of me. I couldn't hardly stop and I was sliding on the ice. Aaaahhh! I tried to stay calm and not panic. Luckily I was able to stop intime and the car behind me stoped in time. YAY! I was so releived! There are still small patches of snow around because it has been so cold it hasn't melted all the way yet. But for the most part, it is gone.

Here are some pics from our snow day...
Day 1


They played until dinner time...


Day 2
Friday morning...






3 comments:

Christina Beach said...

Oh that looks like so much fun for your kids!! I want to take the kids to see the snow so bad but how fun is that to get to have it in your own backyard!:)

pawlowski said...

Looks like the kids had fun, why is it when you're little you don't notice how cold it really is? I can't believe they stayed outside that long. My kids were like that today here. We haven't had school the last two days because of an ice storm. I'm with you, ice is no fun to drive on. John loves the slippin and slidin, I just avoid it. :) Glad you were okay and didn't get into any accidents. :)

King Family said...

Looks like lots of fun!