Monday, May 25, 2009

Arizona - May 24th

We are enjoying our summer vacation in Arizona. We have only been here 4 days and have all ready had a fun incident. Katrina and her cousin Kylie were playing in the Family room at grandmas house and they were throwing stuffed animals in the air and catching them. Katrina lost her balance and fell and hit her head on grandmas tile hearth (the seat in front of the fire place)and she split her head open. She was gushing blood and had a DEEP cut! We took her to the new Banner Gateway ER. It was really nice, we had no wait, they took us right in. It was great! Then Dr. Price came in! He is in my parents ward and we just saw him at church a few hours earlier in Sunday school. The lesson was on keeping the sabbath day holy and he was talking about having to work in the ER two Sundays out of the month and that last time they had this lesson he had to sew up brother ?(somebody) that evening. Well, it was us this time. He actually was the Dr. that sewed me up when I split my chin open when I was 4 years old. He was the Dr that sewed up my sister when she fell out of the tree and split her leg open, he sewed up my brother twice!!! Anyway. WE have a history with Dr. Price. It is funny! Here are some pics of Katrina.
OUCH!!!

Really Gross!

I couldn't stand the sight of her cut. I had to put something over it before we left. She fell asleep in the car on the way to the ER. I had to hold her head up.

Then the Dr. had me take it off so he could look at it. I felt SO BAD for even putting it on after that! I think it hurt her worse than actually hitting her head. Poor girl!
Waiting to be sewn up! She was only awake for a little bit and then fell asleep again right after this.

She's back to sleep..

Dr. Price sewing her up! She was so tired... They had lots of help there just in case she woke up and started screaming and trashing. But she didn't.

She slept the whole time he was stitching her up. It was a nice quiet evening in the ER. I was so worried about her waking up and SCREAMING the whole time. (Like I did when I was 4) But she was a perfect angel!

6 comments:

Greco Family said...

Ouch! What a tough little girl!

~ Sara Ann said...

Poor baby!!! How long are you here for? Give me a call if you'd like to get together!! 281-323-0844

Sara

RyDeb.White said...

Ouch! Poor thing, I'm glad she slept through most of it.
Ps. I just saw you only have 45 days until your due date-yea!

King Family said...

Oh gosh, that makes my heart ache just looking at the pictures. Poor girl...

pawlowski said...

Ouch!! Poor Girl, that is sooo sad. Hope she is feeling better. Lucky you to be in AZ!! :)

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Poor girl! You just can't get a break! I hope this is the last of your hospital visits until the baby comes! I hope she is doing good now! It's got to be nice to know the doctor though! It makes a big difference!