Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Now that Tyler is in scouts we get the joy of being involved in Pinewood Derbys. Tim was so excited about it. I noticed with alot of these dads, they "help" their kids make their "dream car" into a pinewood derby car. Tim went on-line and found a cool design....and of course it is his favorite car... a Willies Jeep.


They wanted to disqualify us because they thought that it wasn't made from the block of wood they gave us. "Is said, it is made from the wood you gave us." I have all the pictures...

I had to jump in and help too. Tim was having a hard time with the windsheild. But he found a better way. Mine didn't turn out too well either.

Tyler painting it...

The top....(spiderman vs. Venom) Tyler isnt really into spiderman anymore. I don't know why he picked to do this. Earlier he had picked to do Indianna Jones. Then changed his mind.

The side....

The front....You can tell the wheels aren't straight. Tim messed up drilling the holes for the wheels so he had to drill them in on an angle the second time.

The track...

Fine Tuning it...

The cars...



Getting on the track...

We didn't win the fastest, but Tyler won the Judges Favorite award...

The award...

4 comments:

Sheri said...

That car is pretty freakin' awesome! I love it! Great job to all involved! Also, you look so great in your pregnancy pics on the sidebar. Especially for being 20 weeks pregnant!

I'm sad you won't be at the reunion this summer. Hopefully we'll be able to make it down over Christmas, it all depends on my work schedule. I need to see my Shay!! It was been way too long.

~ Sara Ann said...

Shayleen, are you sure you're pregnant? You're SO tiny!!!!! You look amazing!!! Do we know yet if it's a boy or a girl??? I think it's great that your husband is so into the scouting thing. You are very blessed to have such a close-knit and loving family.

~ Sara Ann said...

Shayleen, are you sure you're pregnant? You're SO tiny!!!!! You look amazing!!! Do we know yet if it's a boy or a girl??? I think it's great that your husband is so into the scouting thing. You are very blessed to have such a close-knit and loving family.

Tim and Shay said...

HA! That is the first time in 7 years sombody has told me I am tiny. :o) Yea, I am sure there is a baby in there. I haven't gained any weight and I am still wearing my same jeans which is nice. Oh, and It's another GIRL! Poor Tyler is out numbered by sisters.