Tuesday, January 6, 2009

9 YEARS!!!


Today is Tim and I 9th Wedding Anniversary! 9 years! Can you beleive it!?!??! So in honor of it, I thought I would tell our story...

We met at MCC's LDS institute on October 14th. I saw him talking to a friend (Jeremy Schnephf)and I thought he was soo cute! I went out of my comfort zone and went and talked to him. It was odd...I felt so out of place...he was talking to this friend about who he could ask out for a date the next night. So I intreupted their conversation. Oops! The building was closing and everybody had to leave and so Tim tuned around and walked away. He didn't say anything to me. So I too walked away, I went outside feeling very stupid. I was talking to another friend. Then he comes out and talks to me. I guess he had to run to the freezer to get out ice cream that he brought for another girl he was supposed to meet there but she didn't show up. I too was dating a guy and he was supposed to come and didn't show up. (Funny how things work) So we got to talking outside and he asked me out for the next night. I happily accepted. Our first date was on the 15th and we saw eachother every night from that day on. We were engaged 2 1/2 weeks later on November 3rd. How did he ask me?.... First, He asked me to go with him to his family reunion up in Lake Side, AZ at a cabin. I said "There is no way my mom will let me go, but I will ask her" I asked fully expecting a "NO" and SHOCKING she said "yes" What a shock! So I packed up and we left after he got off work on Friday November 3rd. On the way up he asked if I minded if we stop at his favorite spot on the Mogolon Rim. I said "Yea" even though I was thinking "No way, I'm so tired, I just want to get there" So we stoped and it was so neat. You could look out and see all the lights and parts of Mesa. It was beautiful! Then he gets on one knee and I said "What are you doing? Get up" Then he asked me to marry him. I was so shocked! Seirouslly, I was. We hadn't talked about marriage accept once the night before when he said that narriage was a long time away for him. So I accepted that answer and didn't think anymore about it. So anyway, I accepted and we hung out for a little bit longer and then we got in the car and headed back on our way. As soon as we got on the highway, the guy I had been previouslly dating called. Uhhh... what do I say? I hadn't talked to him since the day before I met Tim. He was gone and had no idea I was dating someone else. (Keep in mind, I dated this guy for two years and I never got a commitment out of him. He was scared of commitment and to this day he is still single and 41 yers old. Yes, he was 12 years older than me. So anyway, don't think I went off cheating on my boyfriend. That's how our relationship was.) Anyway, I told him I couldn't talk that I was out of town and that I would call him when I got back. So anyway, the rest is History! We were married two months later on January 6th 2000. Tim chose that day because it is his little brothers Birthday! He was on his mission in Chile at the time. So I guess I should say "Happy Birhtday" to Greg too! He is 29 today. He is only 4 months younger than me! Anyway, Happy Anniversary to the most wonderful man I know! I can't imagine my life with out him. I don't know how I got so lucky. We always say that we know the Lord brought us together. Our story is crazy! We didn't even hardly know eachother. How else could it work? We are so alike and yet, so diffrent.

6 comments:

Greco Family said...

WOW! I don't think I have ever heard that story. That is great. 9 years is a long time!!! :) hehehe...hope you had a great anniversary!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

WOW! That is a crazy story! But you guys are so great and have such a cute family! Thanks for sharing your story and Happy Anniversary!

GoatesGirl said...

What a cute picture. Happy Anniversary. Hope you're all doing well!

King Family said...

Congrats! You two are such wonderful people and have a beautiful family. We love you lots and wish you all the best. It was fun reading your story! Thanks for sharing it.

Christina Beach said...

I loved your first meeting story! I still remember meeting you over at Conan and I's apt. for dinner!! You were such a beautiful bride! Congrats on nine years!! We love you guys!!:)

Katie said...

You look gorgeous Shayleen! Looks like you guys have a fun fun past couple of months! I had some serious catching up to do on your blog!